|The German Diabetes Center (DDZ), the Leibniz Institute for Diabetes Research at Heinrich Heine University (HHU), in Düsseldorf was funded by the Federal Ministry of Health and Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine Westphalia. The DDZ as an interdisciplinary Institute links molecular and cell biological basic research with clinical investigation.
|The DDZ aims at developing new approaches for the prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus and at improving the treatment of its complications. The DDZ is a member of the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD e.V.).|
The Institute for Vascular and Islet Cell Biology (Director: Prof. Dr. Eckhard Lammert) at the German Diabetes Center is looking for a candidate to fill the following position as soon as possible:
Junior Research Group Leader (E14)
“Preclinical peripheral neuropathy”
Tasks & Responsibilities
A successful applicant will be responsible for and contribute to:
- Establishing and heading a research group to work on peripheral neuropathy using preclinical in vivo and in vitro models
- Acquisition of third-party money
- Documentation, publication and presentation of research data
- Preclinical in vivo investigation into the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain with small molecules.
Skills & Expertise
- University degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Veterinary Medicine, or a similar topic
- PhD, MD or similar degree with a very good score
- Very good communication skills (in writing and verbally)
- Published experience in preclinical investigations (in vivo) into peripheral neuropathy
- Very good organization skills and experience in Microsoft and Statistics programs
- Research in a friendly work environment
- Expertise in preclinical in vivo models of diabetes mellitus
- Clinical expertise in diabetic neuropathies and neuropathic pain
- Possibility to develop as group leader to work in the field of diabetic peripheral neuropathy, gain further education and experiences in a versatile and translational research environment
- The initial contract runs for 4 years with an option of prolongation.
- The salary is based on qualification and experience according to TV-L in its current version for North Rhine-Westphalia.
- The DDZ is committed to family-friendly working conditions and equal gender policy. Since May 2011, the DDZ is a “Career and Family” audit-acknowledged Center.
- Women are encouraged to apply, and in the case of equal qualification will be given preference.
- Persons with disabilities will be given preference.