Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie (Direktor: Univ.-Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Hadi Al-Hasani), Arbeitsgruppe Pathobiochemie (Leiter: Univ.-Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Hadi Al-Hasani)
The Research Training Group 2576 “vivid – in vivo investigations towards the early development of type 2” established by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf invites applications for 9 doctoral positions (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/div.), E13 TV-L 65%).
The program starts September 1st, 2023. Initial appointment will be for one and a half year with an option for extension.
Vivid is a joint initiative by leading scientists from Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU), University Hospital Düsseldorf (UKD) and the German Diabetes Center, Leibnitz Center for Diabetes Research at HHU (DDZ). The Research Training Group brings together junior researchers from different disciplines in life sciences and medicine to conduct innovative research in the field of diabetes development within a framework of unique infrastructure and metabolic expertise. A structured and coherent education program comprising translational aspects provides a solid basis for training and mentoring of medical scientists in order to expand knowledge in basic and clinical diabetes research.
Wir erwarten von Ihnen
Applicants are required to hold a diploma or master’s degree (or equivalent) with excellent results in a life science discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Biology, or comparable. Please send your application to the vivid office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also indicate your preference for a specific doctoral project. For detailed information regarding our program for research and training and the academic staff involved in our Research Training Group, please refer to the vivid homepage (www.vivid.hhu.de).
• enthusiasm and dedication to our research and training program
• continuous contribution and participation in curricular activities
• cooperation with fellow students and scholars participating in the program
• timely preparation of manuscripts, thesis and adherence to the principles of good scientific practice
Please submit the following documents summarized in one PDF file:
• application form (available at www.vivid.hhu.de for download)
• a cover letter (max. 1 page)
• a curriculum vitae
• a complete transcript of academic records, including the last school report obtained before entering university (Abitur or equivalent)
• your graduate thesis as a separate pdf-file
• a letter of reference
You may also contact the coordination office for specific project-related and organizational questions. Please submit your complete application until 19th May 2023 to the vivid spokesperson Prof. Dr. Hadi Al-Hasani (email@example.com). Candidates will be invited to participate in an online interview between 5th and 16th June 2023 where they will meet the scientists and learn more about the projects and research groups.
Data collection and further processing of your application will take place mainly by means of electronic data processing. The regulations pertaining to data protection laws will be adhered to. By sending us your application you consent to this procedure.
Wir bieten Ihnen
• an exciting, dynamic and international working environment and unique resources for diabetes research
• mentoring and close supervision by an interdisciplinary team of experienced principal investigators
• a structured and coherent education program including specialized lectures, expert hands-on training courses, and opportunities for internships in clinical research.
• participation in the training program of the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD NEXT) and further opportunities for career development.